Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Gym VS Bedok Reservior

I woke up filling bloated and extremely lethargic on New Year's Day. No wonder, I remembered clearly stuffing myself with pineapple tarts and many slices of butter cakes at my mom's place the day before. Not only that, I ate Mee Soto, rice and Mee Goreng too. Yup... all those carbohydrates and bad fats are circulating throughout my body. Hubby was at home so I told him I need to get rid of the excess food as well as the guilty feeling. "Give me an hour, I'll just drive to Laguna and have a quick run on the treadmill, a few crunches and squats and I'll be done" Hubby had other ideas in his head. He suggested us jogging at Bedok Reservoir instead. I was quite apprehensive on the idea as I'm not a fan of jogging outdoors. I'm not into hot weather, you see. He managed to persuade me saying I could jog while Syuaib rode his bicycle.

It was 4 in the afternoon and the sun was still shining. We realised that the gravel track was not suitable for Syuaib to cycle. Hubby insisted on me jogging first while he looked after Syuaib. I started jogging along the track. It was bad , really bad. It was my first time running on a gravel track. The sound of my footsteps stamping on them was very irritating. The heat from the scorching sun was unbearable. I could hear every beat of my heartbeat clearly as I did not bring my MP3 along and most of the time I was jogging alone. The place was deserted. I'm definitely not turning back so I continued jogging while cursing under my breath till I reached the point where I started. SO..... one round the reservoir is 5 km. ok... I'll be clocking 5km too if I'm on the treadmill but it will definitely be very comfortable for me at the gym. There will be air conditioning, my MP3 and a nice cushioned floor for me to run on. East Coast is much a btter place to run than this. Hard concrete and at 7 am, the air is cool and fresh.

I was so mad at hubby for his stupid idea. I told him for someone to run around Bedok reservoir at such an hour and weather, that person must be a hardcore runner. Me, on the other hand is not training for any pain endurance competition or any marathon. I should have just brushed off his idea and went to the gym instead.

No comments: