Friday, December 02, 2005

My 2nd Warrior

Had my last antenatal check up on Monday, 21st November. Feeling confident that everything was going well, me and hubby was taken aback when Dr. Kee informed us that i will not be able to have a natural birth. Again!!!! Reason.... the baby's head is above my placenta...OK since I'm waiting for quite a while for baby's birth, we wanted the delivery done asap.

We checked into our single bedded room on Thursday, 24th Nov at 9 am. I was wheeled out on a stretcher at 11 am and Dr. C.C. Loo, the anesthetist injected me at 11.20. Md. Syahid is born at 11:42 am. Hubby was with me., He watched the whole operation. I was awake all the while joking with the 2 doctors. No pain at all.

Stayed at TMC from 24th Nov to 27th Nov. All the nurses and health assistants were friendly, helpful and very experienced. I'll definitely return for my next child birth. It was like a zoo at the ward with friends and relatives.

Unlike the last child birth with Syuaib, (GA) where I was totally unconscious, this time I was wide awake after the operation. My mind is all geared up to recieve the baby and also am full of determination to breastfeed successfully. With Syuaib, I only managed to fully breastfed him for two weeks. It was a disaster. My breasts was so huge... a 'D' cup, extremely hard and throbbing. I couldn't sleep, my nipples were blocked and sore. I was so depressed....

This time round I had my electric breast pump all ready. Hubby even brought it to the ward. Today I am happily breast feeding Syahid. Of course.... it's exremely tiring but well ....anything that's good comes with a price. Syahid sleeps during the day and wakes up at night. So i have to reverse my sleeping time too. Hmmmm, with the pain on my tummy, waking up at night and the sore nipples and throbbing breasts, all these are worth it. When I look into my new born's face, I still couldn't believe he was inside me for the last 38 weeks . No wonder i felt so heavy...carrying the whole of 3.22 kg with me every where i go.

No comments: