Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Cookies Galore

With Hari Raya just around the corner and me being stuck at homw with son and big tummy, I have decided to test on my baking skills. Armed with recipes downloaded from the Internet and recipe books that I can grab my hands on in the house, I tried a few recipes and well some are a success and some needs a few more try outs.

I got the recipe for these chocolate coated balls from one of my mom-in-law recipe books. Quite tedious to make. They are supposed to be filled with whole almonds but I filled them with cashew nuts instead. Ratings: 2.5 upon 5


My suji balls are yummy... He! He! Not paiseh...i luv them. in fact the whole house says they're delicious. They melt in your mouth. I made a mistake of not grinding the semolina so there is some kind of gritty texture I will definitely grind the semolina the next time I make them for Hari Raya. I rate them 5 upon 5.







Do not judge the cookies by their looks. These ugly looking cookies will have you asking for more. I use oats, walnuts, cooking chocolate, brown sugar and chocolate chips and cocoa for my chocolate chips cookies. While baking them, the delicious aroma filled the whole house. I rate it 4.5 upon 5.

No comments: